This salad is fresh, flavorful, and will remind you of summer amidst winter. Simple ingredients and herbs with creamy feta. You’ll be dreaming of the summer lunches you have in the sun.
- 1 english cucumber, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 c. feta cheese
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- dried Italian herbs
- Toss cucumber and olive oil, salt & pepper, and Italian herbs together.
- Toss feta in with cucumber mix.
- You’re done! Enjoy it!
This might be the easiest dish I’ll have on my blog. Though I strive to make all my recipes fail-proof while keeping them healthy and wholesome, this one still might be the easiest. Here it goes.
- 1 large cucumber, washed
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (black or white are fine)
- Slice the cucumber as thin as you can. If you have a mandolin, this would be a perfect time to use it! If not, be careful for your fingers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the marinade over the cucumber and mix thoroughly.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- You sure can eat these right away, but I recommend letting them soak in the marinade overnight. It will make the flavor much better.
- Cucumbers are a very water-dense vegetable. Even the small amount of salt in the marinade will pull some of the water off the cucumbers making the mixture more liquid-y – osmosis, man! I recommend draining off most of the remaining marinade before enjoying them.
I hope you love this recipe and I hope you make it time and time again when you need veggie inspiration. 🙂
Eat your veggies!