Warm, heart-warming, and soul-touching. I discovered curry, this wonderful food in college after never trying it growing up. College has been a time of discovery, and has not slacked at all in terms of food. Because I love curry as much as I do, I wanted to recreate it easily, and in a way that doesn’t take long to prepare. Here’s what I have for you!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tsp red curry paste
- about 3 c. raw vegetables of choice (I used carrots, broccoli, and green bell pepper)
- 1/2 c dry lentils (any color will do)
- 2-3 cloves minced garlic
- curry powder (optional)
- In a pot, heat ~ 1 tbsp olive oil OR vegan butter on medium heat.
- Saute vegetables until almost cooked.
- Add garlic. Continue to saute for a few minutes.
- Add can of coconut milk and curry paste to the pot. Stir and combine.
- Add dry lentils. Stir.
- Add curry powder for more flavor if you so desire.
- Turn heat down to low and cover. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until lentils are nearly cooked.
- Stir and serve with rice and store your leftovers!
- Add shrimp or chicken if you want more protein!
- Add chili powder to your desired taste. My recipe is very “midwest friendly” meaning it’s more bland than most curries. But if you like the spice, add chili powder to your desired spice profile. 🙂
As always, happy eating!