*recipe is gluten free, vegan*
As far as healthier, easy desserts go, you’re going to want this one in your life. The chocolate/peanut butter combination along with the heartiness of the oats – just trust me.
- 2.5 cups oats
- 1 c. natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/3-1/2 c. PURE maple syrup (depending on sweetness preference)
- ~ 1 c. vegan chocolate chips (or regular depending if you’re particular!)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Place parchment paper in an 8×8 baking dish.
- Melt PB in a saucepan on low heat. It’ll start to become liquid-y.
- Add pure maple syrup once melted and combine thoroughly.
- Turn heat off. Stir in oats.
- Pour oat/PB mixture into baking dish with parchment paper. Spread down and out with fingers until even and all corners are reached. Place in freezer.
- Put chocolate chips in a saucepan with coconut oil on low heat. Stir continuously until melted.
- Remove peanut butter bottom from freezer and pour chocolate over top.
- Top with large flakes of sea salt.
- Place in freezer for about an hour or until firm.
- Cut into squares and ENJOY!