This might be the easiest dish I’ll have on my blog. Though I strive to make all my recipes fail-proof while keeping them healthy and wholesome, this one still might be the easiest. Here it goes.
- 1 large cucumber, washed
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (black or white are fine)
- Slice the cucumber as thin as you can. If you have a mandolin, this would be a perfect time to use it! If not, be careful for your fingers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the marinade over the cucumber and mix thoroughly.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- You sure can eat these right away, but I recommend letting them soak in the marinade overnight. It will make the flavor much better.
- Cucumbers are a very water-dense vegetable. Even the small amount of salt in the marinade will pull some of the water off the cucumbers making the mixture more liquid-y – osmosis, man! I recommend draining off most of the remaining marinade before enjoying them.
I hope you love this recipe and I hope you make it time and time again when you need veggie inspiration. 🙂
Eat your veggies!