I remember the first time I tried making egg bake. The eggs themselves were airy and crispy rather than fluffy. It was then I realized egg bakes require a BINDER. An ingredient that ties everything together and keeps the eggs fluffy. You’ll usually find this to be a heavy cream. I have found an alternative that is more flavorful, contains less saturated fat, and also contains more protein!
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 c cottage cheese (non-fat)
- 2 links chicken apple sausage , sliced
- 2 c. Of your favorite vegetables (I used broccoli and bell peppers).
- 1/2 c. shredded cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Spray an 8×8 dish with cooking spray (muffin tins also work)!
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add vegetables of choice. Sautee for about 10 mins adding garlic within the last 3-5.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, add cottage cheese, veggies, chicken sausage, and 1/4 c. of cheese.
- Season with your favorite seasonings, pepper, dried Italian herbs, etc.
- Pour in 8×8 pan or individual muffin tins
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes
- Let cool, enjoy immediately, or cut into squares and store for the week!