Cauliflower is all the rage among health trends right now and as of right now, I see nothing wrong with this. It offers an extra serving of vegetables, and can be a great lower-carbohydrate option for individuals with diabetes, or those who are watching their carb intake.
Cauliflower has been used frequently to swap higher-carbohydrate foods such as breads, pizza dough, rice, and others among them. My version is a swap for mashed potatoes with a spicy, flavorful twist. Let’s get started!
*recipe is Low-carb, Vegan, and Gluten-Free 😀 *
- 1 head cauliflower [about 4 cups]
- 1-2 tsp vegan butter
- curry powder
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- Steam the cauliflower. Use whatever method you desire. Some pre-packaged bags allow for steaming in the bag. If not, take a large microwave-safe bowl and fill with about an inch of water, and fill the rest with cauliflower. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. It does not matter if you used florets or riced cauliflower – the smaller the pieces, the shorter amount of time you need to cook it.
- Drain cauliflower and place in food processor.
- Add vegan butter, curry powder, garlic, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
- Dust with chili powder for spice.
- Serve warm, or store as meal prep.