*recipe is vegan & gluten free*
Autumn. A favorite, comforting season easing us back into the cold winter months. The colors are pretty, the smells are crisp, and the food is comforting. This recipe is proof you don’t need much effort nor junk to have the fall feels.
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4-5 stalks celery
- 1 c. (approx) carrots
- 1 c. quinoa
- 1 c. lentils [of choice]
- 4 c. vegetable broth/stock
- 4 c. water
- dried italian herbs
- Dice onion finely, chop celery into bite-sized pieces, and chop carrots into bite-sized pieces.
- In a Dutch oven (or large pot), heat a liberal amount of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- After warm, add carrots and celery. Season with salt & pepper.
- After about 5 minutes, add onion. Continue to cook until celery is translucent and onion begins browning [add more oil if necessary].
- Add broth, water, lentils, and quinoa, and Italian herbs.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes. Quinoa’s edges will begin to turn white.
- Serve immediate or store in the fridge for up to 1 week. 🙂