I personally don’t love mayo mixed with noodles, in fact, I don’t like mayo at all. But did you know that pasta salad does not have to be full of anything that’s rich in saturated fat? AND still be good? That’s why I came up with this recipe!
Roast veggies, cook pasta, toss together. It’s really that simple.
*Recipe is vegetarian & gluten free*
You will need:
- 1 box high fiber, high protein pasta (such as Banza)
- 1 large zucchini/summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- dried italian herbs
- Parmesan shreds/shavings
- Roast vegetables! Slice zucchini and bell peppers into rounds and slices, respectively.
- Coat in cooking oil of choice and coat with s&p.
- Toss together and place in a 400 degree oven for about 15 mins.
- Boil water and cook pasta according to box directions.
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
- Cool roasted vegetables.
- Toss cooled vegetables in with cooled pasta, olive oil, and Italian herbs, and parmesan.
- Serve immediately if desired, otherwise it keeps will in the fridge for about a week. 🙂