That’s it. Zoodle season is here. Time to use up all the zucchini you have and make pad thai.
*This dish is… vegetarian, dairy free, and gluten free*
You will need:
- two raw zucchinis
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot, chopped/julianned
- 1/2 a large bell pepper (I used red) chopped/julienned
- 1/2 c. snap or snow peas
- about 1 tbsp sesame oil
- low-sodium tamari/soy sauce/coconut aminos
- 2 eggs
- crushed peanuts, sesame seeds, cilantro, limes (all optional) for topping
- Spiralize zucchini.
- Chop up the garlic, carrots, and bell pepper.
- Heat sesame oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic, carrots, peas and bell pepper to pan. Add pepper and tamari as desired.
- Add zoodles to pan with other vegetables. Cook down until the zoodles are about half their original volume.
- Continue mixing vegetables together.
- In a separate pan, briefly scramble both eggs.
- Drain zoodle/vegetable mixture. Zucchini is a very water-dense vegetable so it will release a lot of fluid.
- Return to pan and mix in scrambled eggs.
- Top with crushed peanuts, limes/lime juice, sesame seeds, and cilantro if desired. Serve immediately, or pack away for a good work lunch. 🙂
Enjoy the zoodle season!