For the weeks you don’t meal prep – exactly how I came across creating this dish – this one will be ready in about 20 minutes and makes plenty for the remainder of the week. Dairy free, can be made gluten free, one of my favorite foods, and 2 green vegetables. All in one. It can’t get much better for a quick and easy meal!
Let me clarify something before we get started. Daiya Foods is a company that is proudly dairy free and offers *overall* pretty wholesome ingredients in their products, however, it is considered a processed food.
CHEEZE SAUCE INGREDIENT LIST:
Filtered Water, Tapioca Starch, Non-GMO Expeller Pressed: Canola and/or Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Vegan Natural Flavours, Pea Protein Isolate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Cane Sugar, Lactic Acid (Vegan), Xanthan Gum, Yeast Extract, Titanium Dioxide (A Naturally Occurring Mineral), Annatto (Colour), Onion
Sure, this food product is processed, meaning it isn’t entirely “clean” but I am clarifying, again, that this meal is intended to be a weeknight meal when you’re short on time – and you could be consuming things far worse than this cheeze sauce. 😀 if you have any questions regarding the ingredients, you can always send me a direct message or shoot me an email!
ANYWAY, let’s get started!
- 1 box pasta of choice – whole wheat, Banza, other gluten-free variations if desired
- 1 pkg Daiya foods cheese sauce
- 1 c. broccoli
- 1 c. snap peas
- 1 tsp garlic
- boil water and add noodles once boiling.
- take two microwave-bowls and in the first, add broccoli, and in second bowl, add snap peas. Put about a tablespoon of water in each bowl. Microwave each of them (covered) to steam for about 3 minutes each.
- Drain pasta in a colander when al-dente.
- Add garlic to hot pan with a dash of olive oil and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the burner off.
- Return pasta back to pot on burner that you have turned off (it’s still warm).
- Add pkg of Daiya foods cheeze of choice along with steamed vegetables.
- Add about a teaspoon of each of the following (or more if you prefer): garlic powder, black pepper, dried Italian herbs, Mrs. Dash, and nutritional yeast.
- Thoroughly combine and serve!
This makes multiple servings so if you neglected to meal prep (as I did when I created this recipe), you’ll have more to go around for the rest of the week. 😀