Best thing you’ve ever eaten… ready, go!
I’ve told my friends and family how much I love pizza, but I am not willing to indulge in it unless it’s good pizza – it just is not worth it to me. This is another way I go about still enjoying food, but not over-indulging and later regretting my decision.
So here it is. This easy, quick, and simple dish is inspired by one of my favorite pizzas, the Blue Crush found at Blackbird Pizza in Fargo, ND.
…only my version has fewer carbs (I’m not counting, but if you are… 😉 ), and simplifies the process – you don’t have to make any pizza dough! This can be easily customized to your dietary needs, and it is vegetarian!
- 1 flour tortilla (or grain-free of choice)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- about 1/4 c. parmesan cheese (give/take based on your preference)
- 2 tbsp whole, raw walnuts
- dried Italian herbs OR fresh rosemary
- about 8 grapes, halved
- olive oil
- preheat oven to 375.
- place tortilla on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil ( easy cleanup, duh )
- drizzle olive oil on tortilla and add garlic
- spread garlic and olive oil mixture across tortilla
- Add herbs & black pepper
- Place walnuts and grapes on tortilla.
- Top with parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Switch oven to broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling 🙂
- Remove from oven & top with a drizzle of olive oil
- Slice with a pizza cutter
*make sure to watch the pizza while under the broiler. If you leave it in even a minute too long, you might experience an undesired charred tortilla crust.
*for gluten-free option, use an almond flour tortilla!
* image credit: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g49785-d6474484-Reviews-Blackbird_Woodfire-Fargo_North_Dakota.html
Again, think about the best thing you’ve ever eaten. Eat that food much more often. 🙂