There are times when cookie dough is necessary.
I’ve noticed a national trend of local food joints now serving everyone’s favorite delicacies that we should’ve never indulged in as kids (yet somehow always avoided salmonella (?)). In fact, this recipe is inspired by the edible cookie dough I’ve experienced at Nadia Cakes in Minnesota.
So let’s face it together, you want vegan cookie dough in your life. 😀 Here’s how you do it!
- 1/2 c. softened coconut oil
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. coconut (or white) sugar
- generous splash of PURE vanilla
- 1 + 1/4 c. flour of choice
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Cream together coconut oil + sugars until thoroughly combined.
- Add vanilla and continue to mix
- slowly add sugar and combine later adding the pinch of salt
- add a tablespoon of water at a time until reaching desired consistency, continuing to stir
- Stir in chocolate chips
*Water can be adjusted to the type of flour used. You’ll need more water if you’re using almond or rice flour.
*I want to point out that “vegan” does not necessarily mean “healthy.” This is simply an animal-free (and consequently, cholesterol-free) option to enjoy this treat!