Another autumn season, another fall harvest with an abundance of zucchini, tomatoes, and cucumbers form the garden. Last year, I utilized the large zucchini I had from harvest and shared Zoodle Shrimp Scampi which is still one of my favorites! Go check it out –> 😀
This fall, I came up with something a little different with the neutral vegetable. Here’s how you make zucchini chips!
- 1 LARGE zucchini
- 2 eggs
- approximately 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
- low/no-sodium seasonings of choice (garlic powder, pepper, chili powder, paprika, italian seasonings)
- cut zucchini in rounds and slice rounds in half if zucchini is very large
- Make a dredging station. What’s a dredging station?
- take two flat dishes or bowls.
- in the first, beat both eggs.
- in the second, add the breadcrumbs and seasonings of choice (I used italian herbs, and black pepper). Lightly stir together with a fork.
3. with your left hand, take a zucchini slice and thoroughly coat in egg wash station
4. Place egg-coated zucchini slice in breadcrumbs mixture (with your left hand)!!!!
5. With your right hand, coat the zucchini in breadcrumb mixture!
6. Place on baking sheet as you would with cookies 😉
7. Repeat until all the vegetable slices have been covered and placed on sheet.
8. Bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes, flipping about halfway through. You’ll know they’re done when they start to turn brown.
9. Toss in a sprinkle of salt, parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast!
10. Serve with marinara sauce, on a sandwich, or as a side!