Banana “nice cream” is all the rage for those who are vegan, lactose-intolerant, and those that are looking to enjoy a frozen treat without all the cals + the notorious “I-ate-too-much-dairy” digestive discomfort.
I have seen and tried PLENTY of variations of this frozen goodness from the internet including chocolate mint, raspberry vanilla, oatmeal cookie, and caramel pecan. I am happy to develop my own of these recipes and share with YOU GUYS if you’re interested. 😉
BUT for today, here’s how you make my favorite version!
- 2 frozen bananas (frozen for 12 or more hours),
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- a splash of PURE vanilla
*The key to making your ice cream creamy & smooth is to use a high-speed blender/food processor*
- first, add the bananas alone to the food processor/blender
- pulse slowly until bananas are in crumbles
- then add PB, cocoa powder, and vanilla
- blend on high speed until combined and smooth
- scrape the sides to ensure everything is combined & blend again!
- Serve or freeze!
- Top with cacao nibs, chocolate chips, or sprinkles!
That’s it, that’s all there is to it. Let me know if you’d like to see some other flavors! 😀
happy eats xx,