Hi friends! How many of you grew up hating your peas? I was one of those kids. However, we learn in nutrition that the more a person is exposed to a food, the more likely they are to grow to enjoy it – especially in adulthood.
Sugar snap peas are now one of my favorite vegetables – especially when they’re prepared this way. 😀 Plus, did you know that 1 cup has about 40 calories (that’s a lot of peas), and they’re loaded with vitamins, minerals and also provide you with protein & fiber?
So next time you’re craving a crunchy, satiating snack, instead of reaching for the chips, give this a go!
*Recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free.*
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, raw 😀
D I R E C T I O N S:
- Heat about 1 tbsp olive oil in a large, non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Once the pan is warm, add whole, raw peas.
- Add about a teaspoon of each: black pepper, garlic powder, dried ground herbs (of choice), and salt.
- Toss the peas in the pan making sure they’re coated in seasoning and oil alike.
- Add about 1 tsp red pepper flakes – or more if you like it hot!
- Continue to cook peas -stirring occasionally- until the skin appears wrinkled (about 7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and serve!
Be careful, you may want to eat the entire serving (and in this case, that is ok). 🙂
Thanks for reading and I hope you try it!