This is a food trend that I hope never dies out. Whether decide to make it a meal or an afternoon snack, this is my procedure – I have it down to a science 😉
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 slices bread of choice
- salt & pepper & Italian seasoning
- Place toast in toaster, but do not toast yet!
- Heat skillet on medium high heat with olive oil
- Add eggs and salt & pepper
- Cut avocado in half and remove pit
- Mash avocado in pit with a fork (save yourself another dish to wash)
- NOW toast your bread!
- Add salt & pepper, and Italian seasoning and continue to mash until well combined
- Flip egg(s) to continue cooking (or cover if you want it over easy)
- Spread avocado onto toast
- Cut egg/egg whites in half when done
- Top avocado toast with cooked egg
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and fresh cilantro if you so desire!
Try it and share!
PS, is anyone else as excited as I am about the fact there is now an avocado emoji?! 🥑