‘scone on?! This recipe is egg free, refined sugar free, and can be personalized to whatever you’re in the mood for. Make ahead and eat for a snack, breakfast, or bring to your friends!
- 1 & 1/2 c. flour of choice
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp COLD butter, cubed
- 1/2 c. vanilla greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- squeeze of lemon juice
- some lemon zest
- mix-in of choice (about 1/2 c.) 🙂
- mix together dry ingredients until combined.
- add the cold, cubed butter and cut in with a pastry cutter or the back of a fork. do this until you reach a crumbly texture.
- make a well (a hole in the middle of the mixing bowl) and add the yogurt, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla. add as much or as little lemon juice and/or zest as you’d like.
- mix until well combined.
- stir in your add-in (I used blueberries, but you can use whatever you want! strawberries, raspberries, or chocolate chips would be good as well).
- spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and transfer the dough onto the baking sheet.
- form dough into a round, circular disk shape and cut into triangles as you would a pizza.
- place into a pre-heated oven at 425 for 20-22 minutes. when the scones are done, the edges will be slightly golden in color.
any questions? –> firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy, and happy eating!