Did you know watermelon has the same phytochemical, lycopene, that tomatoes have? This is what gives watermelon & tomatoes their red color. But not only that, it is an antioxidant which may help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer! Woo!
While sitting in class today, I was craving watermelon and this is what I spontaneously made of it!
I N G R E D I E N T S:
- 1 mini, seedless watermelon, sliced
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 pkg FRESH mozzarella cheese
- a handful of basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
D I R E C T I O N S:
- drizzle watermelon slices with olive oil on both sides
- in a small saucepan, combine balsamic vinegar and honey and bring to a boil
- reduce heat and simmer until vinegar is visibly reduced down
- Place individual watermelon sliced on the grill for 2-3 minutes each side, or until the fruit has nice grill marks 🙂
- Top watermelon with sliced mozzarella, chopped basil, and reduced balsamic.
Easy, quick, and fresh. Enjoy 🙂