As the summer comes to an end, produce is starting to flourish! I have an abundance of zucchini and summer squash and cannot wait to use it. Grow your own, or support your local farmers! There is something about knowing where your food comes from that makes enjoying it even better.
Today, I am sharing a recipe with you that will put the harvest to good use!
The secret to making veggie noodles is investing in a vegetable spiralizer. I got mine from Amazon for about $30. It is easy to use and will change your life for the better. 🙂
The link is listed below!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3 spirialized zucchini (or summer squash)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- about 1 c. baby shrimp (pre-cooked)
- salt and pepper, dried herb seasoning (Mrs. Dash)
- fresh basil for garnish
D I R E C T I O N S
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Once the oil is warm, place all the noodles into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, and other seasonings of choice. Add red pepper flakes for a little heat (optional).
- Toss with tongs for 3-5 minutes or until the noodles resemble al dente texture of wheat noodles.
- Drain the excess liquid off the noodles
- Toss the shrimp and basil in with the noodles!
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil for serving, and garnish with remaining basil.
N O T E S:
- I used summer squash in the recipe, but but zucchini and summer squash are neutral vegetables that don’t have a lot of flavor. They can be interchanged as desired.
- This dish allows a lot of variety! Add peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, or spinach to incorporate more vegetables into the meal!
- To make it a complete meal, serve over a bed of brown rice of quinoa.
- Any vegetable can be spiralized. I have used sweet potatoes, cabbage, and carrots as well.